Health Tip Of The Week...
Start the New Year Healthy!
Let's Turn Your Resolutions Into Realities This Year:
Everyone makes resolutions but few successfully achieve them. It's common to make resolutions and it is equally common to forget them.
Let us help you turn your resolutions into realities by taking action!
Happy New Year! - Start the New Year Healthy!
Follow this simple formula to take action on your resolutions this year. Dr. Michael Gossett recommends following a simple 5 step formula to change your resolutions into reality and we agree. Here are the 5 simple steps:
1. Be crystal clear about what you want to accomplish health-wise in 2010. Avoid overly broad and non-meaningful language, such as "eat healthier," "lose weight," "work out," or "get in shape." Instead use exact language like "only eat meat twice a week," "lose 15 pounds in 2010," or "reduce my resting heart rate to 60."
2. What will you need to learn how to do to accomplish your new goals? Will you need to learn how to combine foods or exercise properly?
3. What would motivate you to not only get you started but also keep you in the game? Normally, the "right" motivation is in taking a "long" view. Is your health important because you want to fit into a bathing suit or to be able to play with your great-grandchildren?
4. What resources will you need to turn your resolutions into realities? How will your measure your progress? Who will keep you motivated and hold you accountable?
5. Do you have a specific plan that you will follow that you are certain will help you get where you want to go?
Let us help you with any or all of these…
The Bottom Line…The Bottom Line…The Bottom Line…
Last week we suggested that you make a commitment to consciously growing your health in 2010 and that the first step would be regular chiropractic care. What other steps could you take? Our recommendation is to first look at what you could stop doing that is negatively impacting your health. Could you eat less fast food? Could you consume less caffeine? What about reducing your consumption of alcohol? What would happen if you stopped worrying? Get it?
This issue of the HealthTip of the Week is brought to you as a public service by…
Gossett Chiropractic Arts